The second IABiomed Workshop is a meeting point for Spanish research groups in the field of A.I. in Biomedicine. The workshop provides an opportunity for researchers and research groups with a long history in biomedical applications using A.I. to share the experiences and results of their recent projects, as well as the future challenges they face. IABiomed aims to learn about the concerns and interests of the research groups through direct contact between their members, to identify synergies and complementarities that help to strengthen the role of Spanish research in this field. In the longer term, the purpose of the workshop is to gradually become a reference point for the integration of national and international research groups.
Topics of interest for IABiomed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Biosignal Interpretation
- Clinical Process Mining
- Clinical Guidelines and Protocols
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- Intelligent m‐Health
- Intelligent Pharmacovigilance support
- Medical Imaging and Vision
- Healthcare Monitoring
- Semantic Interoperability
- Terminologies and Ontologies in Biomedicine
- Therapy Planning
- Predictive Analysis in Medicine
- Computer-Based Medical Education and Simulation
Two types of contributions are expected: papers for conferences (general papers) and key works
- Papers for CAEPIA: In this case the papers will be published in the conference proceedings. These works will have an extension of up to 6 pages and must be formatted according to the IEEE guidelines (available in Word and LaTeX2e format). The work presented will describe an original research, with solid, well-founded and demonstrable results on any of the topics of the IABiomed workshop.
- Key works: Recent works published in renowned journals and conferences, between the years 2019 and 2021. The objective is to disseminate them among a wide audience of the IABiomed community, giving community members the opportunity to know works with which they are not familiar, and to encourage interdisciplinarity. The works will have an extension of up to two pages and must be formatted according to the IEEE guidelines (available in Word and LaTeX2e format), with a clear reference to the previously published work.
It should be noted that this workshop will only accept these two types of contributions, but not papers for Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) or doctoral projects.
- Lourdes Araujo, UNED
- Francisco Javier Díez, UNED
- Jesualdo T. Fernández-Breis, Universidad de Murcia
- Bertha Guijarro, Universidad de la Coruña
- Pedro Larrañaga, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Beatriz López, Universidad de Girona
- Rafael Martínez, UNED
- Javier Muguerza, Universidad del País Vasco
- Jose T. Palma, Universidad de Murcia
- Alejandro Rodríguez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- M. Jesús Taboada, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
- José R. Villar, Universidad de Oviedo
Submission & formatting
The instructions for the preparation of the works and the conditions of the different types of contributions are the same as those of the CAEPIA conference, and are available at https://caepia20-21.uma.es/cfp_es.html.
Submission of papers for the IABiomed workshop must be done through the CAEPIA EasyChair, available at https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=caepia20-21, using the track "II Workshop de Grupos de investigación españoles de IA en Biomedicina".