The workshop entitled ARtificial Intelligence, Edge Computing and their Applications (ARIECA 20/21) is a forum that will share ideas, projects, researches results, models, experiences, etc. associated mainly with Edge Computing applications. The workshop will be held as the part of CAEPIA 20/21.
Internet of Things (IoT), mobile services and applications in complex scenarios such as Smart Cities and Industry 4.0 has triggered new challenges for distributed computing solutions. Traditional Cloud Computing arises a centralised scheme where computing and storage are deployed in a remote data centre. However, this approach experiences important constraints when dealing with emerging technologies that require real-time response and reduced latency.
In this regard, recent researches propose the use of the Edge Computing paradigm as a means of improving Cloud Computing and traditional distributed computing capabilities. Nowadays, Edge Computing has attracted the attention of enterprises, academies, and researchers. Edge Computing is a potential solution to this problem, a technology that optimises computing processes. Edge Computing does not process data directly in the Cloud, instead it preprocesses the data collected by IoT Edge devices before sending them to the remote centralised or distributed servers deployed in the Cloud. All the information produced by IoT devices is processed in the extreme, thus releasing computational load from centralized servers, avoiding network traffic overload, and reducing the response time required by new IoT applications. The benefit of this type of distributed computing approach has been demonstrated in, for example, smart homes, healthcare, smart grid, smart cities, smart logistics and environment monitoring.
- Juan Manuel Corchado Rodríguez, University of Salamanca, Email: email@example.com
- Fernando de la Prieta Pintado , University of Salamanca, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pablo Chamoso Santos, University of Salamanca, Email: email@example.com
- Roberto Casado Vara, University of Salamanca, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Rodríguez González, University of Salamanca, Email: email@example.com
This workshop aims to investigate in topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Edge Computing and their Applications. The main topics of the workshop (although not limited to these) are:
- Intelligent Systems in Edge Computing
- Internet of Things applications
- Industrial Internet of things applications
- Artificial Intelligence approaches in distributed environments
- Fog Computing environments
- Edge Computing environments
- Intelligent environments
- Distributed Algorithms
- Distributed Databases
- Virtual Organizations of Agents
- Distributed Architectures
- Multiagent Systems
- High-performance distributed systems
Contributions containing of both: the theoretical and practical results obtained in this area are welcome.